System AdministrationLinux (Ubuntu, CentOS)Windows
Software Engineer, CARFAX2018-11
- Other notable achievements include migrating an AWS Aurora database to DynamoDB
Software Engineer/Consultant, Coveros2016-05 — 2018-11
Worked on a client project with the Department of Homeland Security on a O&M contract.
- Produce high quality solutions by implementing unit tests with JUnit and coding using industry standard best practices.
- Coordinate with external teams, as needed, to ensure a quality development process. Processes are documented with Confluence pages to help establish team norms.
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving perform and production issues
- Provide Agile and DevOps consulting services to clients by working with teams to incorporate CI/CD tools with their pipelines like Chef, Jenkins, Vagrant.
- Used Chef to automate the installation of software and manage software deployments in DHS.
- Implemented a new Jenkins pipeline written in Groovy to integrate changes development teams commit and run static code analysis tools on them.
- Utilized Vagrant to test cookbook changes locally before pushing Chef recipes to Chef server
- Provisioned AWS EC2 instances using Terraform scripts to host applications
- Other notable achievements include helping in replacing a legacy document storage system in a Java application with a modernized restful service built with Spring MVC, migrated a Java web application from utilizing WebSphere to Tomcat application server, migrated a older project build compilation tool Ant to Maven.
Software Consultant, Combine-X Holdings2015-10 — 2016-05
- Develop and implement new software solutions
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software databases
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Provided IT/Ops technical services such as backing up software, and maintenance services for companies infrastructure
Resident Advisor, James Madison University2013-08 — 2016-05
- Facilitates the social, academic, and personal adjustment of students to the residence hall and university.
- Develops a sense of community among residents as members of a floor, residents of a hall, and active participants in the residence life system.
- Serves as a positive role model to residents and peer staff members.
- Enforces the rules and policies of residence life, housing and dining services and the university.
- Acts as a liaison between residents and the university administration.
Forum Moderator, Bryansoft2008-04 — 2009-08
- Oversees the communication activity of an internet forum.
- Monitors the interchange of contributors and makes decisions regarding content and the direction of threads.
- Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized is also common for a forum moderator.
B.S. Computer Science, James Madison University2012-08 — 2016-05
A Case-Based Look at Integrating Social Context Into Software Quality, Software Quality Professional2015
The publication explains how to consider technological determinism in software design and quality assurance practices to achieve this enhanced sensitivity on a practical level.
Apps4VA Finalist, Center for Innovative Technology2015
Apps4VA is a bold initiative to improve K-12 education by leveraging data on Virginia public school students' progress toward college and career readiness. The goal of the project is for students, professionals, and the general public to create "apps" that explore new ways of using K-12 education data to aid in better data-driven decisions and intervention strategies. COVET is a web application that is intended to improve the usability and visibility of VLDS data for policymakers and citizens. This application also aims to be minimalistic. It displays student data visually using trends from 2006 to 2012 within a specific division, and school.